Page Last Updated: 2/22/2023 9:21am
The Federal Public Health Emergency related to the COVID-19 pandemic ended on January 31, 2022. This means that your Medicaid coverage will be affected if you do not reapply or complete enrollment by April 1, 2023.
To avoid any gaps in your healthcare coverage, including ABA Therapy for your child, it is important that you take action as soon as possible to ensure that your Medicaid benefits continue.
What Do You Need to Do?
- You should be on the lookout for notices from HHSC. These notices are mailed in a yellow envelope that says Action Required in red. You will also be sent a notice electronically if you have a Your Texas Benefits account and opted to go paperless.
- Log in to your account at YourTexasBenefits.com and click Select Details for your case. If it's time for you to renew your benefits, it will say Yes in the Time to Renew column.
- You should respond to any request HHSC sends you. When you get a notice that your renewal is due, follow the instructions to complete and return the information as soon as possible. This will ensure that your benefits continue if you are eligible.
The best way to complete your renewal is online at YourTexasBenefits.com. You can also submit your application, renewal form and requested information by:
- Calling 2-1-1 and choosing Option 2 after picking a language.
- Visiting a local office or a community partner. To find an HHSC office or a community partner, visit yourtexasbenefits.com/Screener/FindanOffice, or call 2-1-1 and choose Option 2 after picking a language.
You must continue to report all changes and return all requested information, including renewal forms. You can report a change in the following ways:
- going to YourTexasBenefits.com
- using the mobile app
- calling 2-1-1 and choosing Option 2 after picking a language.
- You can also sign up for electronic alerts to stay informed about your case.
Individuals who no longer qualify for these programs may have other healthcare coverage options through the HealthCare Marketplace.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter. We value your continued partnership with us and want to ensure that you have access to the healthcare you need. We will continue to send communications as we learn more.
Please check this page regularly for updates.