Core responsibilities of a Behavior Technician include:
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
- Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with the client's individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols.
- Ensure documentation is completed on time and following established Centria procedures.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by Supervising Clinician (BCBA/BC).
- Utilize safe and appropriate handling procedures when working with clients and appropriately report all critical incidents and safety concerns.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Assist Supervising Clinician preparation of client materials, behavior reduction assessments, and skills acquisition.